Deadline: January 31, 2021
Kunsthalle Bern is an internationally-renowned venue for encountering contemporary art. Since 1918, its exhibitions have been sites for presenting, testing, and discussing contemporary artistic positions. Starting on 1 April 2022, the Board of the Kunsthalle Bern is seeking to recruit a
Director of the Kunsthalle Bern 100%
Applications by collectives are also welcomed.
In this high-profile position, you will be responsible for the artistic direction and overall management of the Kunsthalle Bern. A small, highly motivated team will be on hand to assist you.
We seek a candidate with:
· Outstanding knowledge of contemporary art and a good international network
· A number of years’ experience working with artists, organising and curating exhibitions
· Experience in bringing art to local, national and international audiences through exhibitions, publications and events
· Proven management and social skills, dependability and the ability to work under pressure
· Willingness to acquire and manage relationships with sponsors and financial backers, as well as secure their long-term commitment to the institution
· Ability to develop and maintain a local, national and international network
The working languages are German and English; a knowledge of French is preferred but not essential. Applications including a letter of motivation (max 2 pages), concept / ideas sketch (max 2 pages) and CV can be uploaded until 31 January 2021 to the selection committee of the Kunsthalle Bern at the following at this link.
For further questions, please check our website.